Wednesday, March 01, 2006

UNEARTHED! MAM City unleashed.



The two comic pages are from that oooold (actually only about 3 years ago, but it feels like forever) project that Rob and I did called Mammoth City Messengers. It was a CD, but had a comic series connected to it. These pages are two of 22 that were for a Issue #1 that was COMPLETELY produced but never saw print as the CD's didn't sell well enough to put out another album. This is older work so, as usual, not some of our favorite stuff, but at the time I liked it. I still like the characters we came up with. Howard Shum inked most of this with some help from a friend and coloring was by the great Rob Schwager. It was lettered too, but I didn't include that here. (Howard, this may be the first time you've seen these pages colored, huh? Sorry.) Rob S. really did a great job with the colors on these, even doing colored ink lines for the interior pages! You just don't see that on interior pages because of the work involved! Too bad. Anyway, this will do it for Mam City from me, I just dug these up and I thought SOMEONE should see them.

3 comments:

Urban Barbarian said...

You should find some way of getting this out there. It's great work. 22 pages? That's too much effort to go unseen!

Cedricstudio said...

Nice job. What a shame this project never saw the light of day.

Howard Shum said...

Cool! I don't remember seeing these in color