Friday, February 03, 2006

SOAR poster FINAL!



We just got the final images for that faux film poster we designed awhile back for the "film" SOAR. The posters were created to hang at AMC theatres around the U.S. to go along with at the animated trailer for the fake film SOAR that is part of their "Silence is Golden" campaign. The cool part (besides being able to hang this baby in the office some day soon) is that the directors had it painted two different ways. I guess they wanted the client to have a choice. The color version above is by the guy that does alot of the Disney posters, Corey Wolfe, and the other is by the incredible DREW STRUZAN!! He is the guy that has illustrated all of the best movie posters for films like: Star Wars, Indiana Jones, E.T. and TONS more! It's a huge honor for Rob and I. You can see the DREW version on Rob's Blog (hit the link to the right).

I reposted the original pencils so you can compare. Also, see my other post today that is below this one.

5 comments:

Don said...

Dude, how do I get my hands on one of these? Signed if possible. You sure do keep this up to date. I am way over do on mine. Congratulations on the poster, looks great. Talk soon.

Don Moore

Piotr said...

I loved the fake trailer when I saw it, real funny.

Josh said...

Tooooo coool! Love it!

Cedricstudio said...

Wow, what a cool project! It's fascinating to see two artists with radically different styles coloring the same line art. Both turned out great.

Unknown said...

beautiful illustration!! Nice to see your artworks at different stages!