Friday, February 03, 2006

DUDE, MY BOOKS OUT!!!


A quick update: My "how to" book, "Creating Characters with Personality" is out!! I've gotten emails from folks who have already had theirs shipped to them from Amazon! A few extra nice people posted some cool comments on Amazon too. Check it out. If I could, I'd make a link right HERE, to get it at Amazon. Since I can't, just go there and search under the title.

The book has a great foreword by GLEN KEANE, as well as drawings by other designers like JACK DAVIS, J. SCOTT CAMPBELL, MARK HENN, PETER de'SEVE, BUTCH HARTMAN AND MORE! Also, a guest chapter on designing creatures by my buddy/partner, ROB CORLEY! Oh, and I did a few sketches here and there too. BUY IT, my kids are hungry!

Here's a quick drawing by Rob about how great it's gonna be doing book signings.....

6 comments:

Tim said...

Today's Amazon ranking: #33,122 in Books
Yesterday: #44,439 in Books
That's a rating leap of almost 10,000 in a single day! At this rate you will be #1 in less than a week! Congratulations!
(Don Bluth's "How To Draw fro Animation" is #179,866 today).

gcastro3d said...

Hey Tom, I'm gonna order your book this weekend. Can't wait to check it out. I think has been exactly what i've been looking for to improve my character design and also my 3d modeling.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

God Bless,
George Castro

Randeep Katari said...

Mr. Bancroft,

I e-mailed you about the book - please let me know.

Thanks-
Randeep

Cedricstudio said...

Congrats on the book! Woo hoo! I got mine in the mail the other day, it's terrific. By the way, tell Rob I love the cartoon! I did a book signing once for a children's book I illustrated, so I understand. Hope it goes well!

GraFX Boy said...

I'm sitting in my office pulling my hair out after redoing the budgets more times than Lucas' Star Wars Special, Special Editions when I heard a knock at my door. It was someone from the mail room with an Amazon box. Lo and behold, it was your book. Congrats, it looks GREAT!!! Now I just need you to sign it the next time I see you.

JP said...

Hey Tom! Got your book in and it looks awesome! I've been swamped at work and haven't had a chance to finish it but what I've read so far is amazing! Congratulations on a great job!