Friday, February 17, 2006

Gun Fu!




This is only a semi-oldie. It was used as the cover for the "GUN FU" trade paperback. I did it awhile back and I think it came out last summer. GUN FU is a comic created by the talented Howard Shum and the interiors to the series were penciled by Joey Mason. Above you can see the pencils and the final color version. Howard did the inks and he used his colorist for the series, whom I can't remember her name. She's good though. Anyway, it was fun to do and I'm not sure I've shown both pieces together. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Piotr said...

I noticed a few "x's" on the pencil drawing. Do those indicate anyhing special?

sushipajamas said...

I was taught that the "x's" indicated spot black. Thats what use for that anyways. It just saves me from coloring it all in with pencil when I'm drawing, and just color the entire thing in with black later when i'm inking.

lydia

am I right?

Howard Shum said...

Thanks, Tom. The colorist is Etienne Simon and HE is pretty good. :)

Urban Barbarian said...

Awesome! I never saw the pencils to that but Howard posted the finished piece a while back on a Message Board we're a part of! You guys make a great team!