Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Frustration!


Ever have one of those days? The days were the drawings don't look like they do in your head? Yeah, me too. The above drawing was created for my Character design book, but it illustrates some days I have had more recently. Those are the days I love having another artist in the studio. Rob and I have had - and still have- tons of work we have to get out before we take our Christmas break! OR we have to take work with us...sigh. NOT what I want, but it's starting to look like reality. Believe me, I don't want to complain, we are being blessed with work and (more importantly) relationships right now. We love our little company, but sometimes you miss the paid vacations where someone else does all of your work while you're gone! Here's to "good drawing" days!

5 comments:

Jeremiah Alcorn said...

I feel just like this guy most of the time, struggling to get something done with deadlines looming just overhead. Not a nice place to be at. But all the same great drawing Tom! I going to have to pick up your book. I'm looking forward to all the good stuff in there. Have great Christmas and a happy new year.

jjjjjjj said...

"Pressure makes diamonds." --George S. Patton

Having work and relationships are a great blessing, good to see you recognize it.

Josh said...

Ha ha... that's me, like, everyday!

Looking forward to checking out your book in February!

Cedricstudio said...

Great drawing! I know the feeling. One day I'm "in the zone", the next day it's like I forgot how to draw. I guess if nothing else it keeps me humble.

Keep up the great work, and have a very merry Christmas!

PEPE said...

great illo!! and yes many a day i have been here and will be there again!!