Tuesday, August 29, 2006

And NOW for something completely different.....



These are just a couple spot illos of preteen kids "being active". Rob had done some preliminary poses, and I created the final sketches and inks. It was a fun job because it felt like I was designing characters for fun in my sketchbook- but for a client. Weird. Anyway, here's the lack of process that went into it: Colerase blue sketch and Pitt brush pen inks. Done.

More posts coming for our secret project as well as another BIG announcement or two! Oh, and art to go along with it. Stay tooned! (Corney, I know....)

11 comments:

Todd Oman said...

Nice, the golfing kid looks a bit like Tiger Woods as a kid.

Urban Barbarian said...

Looking forward to that sketchbook!

flipstudios said...

Tom, your inking is beautiful. How do you get it so clean? Do you ink directly over the blue colerase or on a seperate piece of paper? I dream about that kind of control. I'm usually happy with my roughs but whenever I clean them up or ink them they lose so much life. I'll keep practicing. I love your stuff. Andrew

Yavuz said...

very cool characters. Nice design:)

Anonymous said...

very nice blog you got here

very inspirational! and i agree wicked inked lines i wish i had that control : )

Unknown said...

cute fun characters drawing!!

Ridd Sorensen said...

great poses!

Scott Tolleson said...

These are great Tom. So much life and presonality!

benjamin trobat -cartoonist- said...

beutifull lines!!!

angie said...

Hi Tom,

We are a video game development studio, and are coming out with a series of “How to Draw” titles for the Nintendo DS.

Would you kindly forward me your email addy so that I can forward it to my super.

My email: angie@redfoxco.ca

Best,
Angie

Bizarresca said...

I bought your book.Trouble because it has to travel from England to Spain.I like it a lot.I wish you had more advaced tutorial books.
Greeatings from Spain